Another busy week for FoodAWARE CIC but another satisfying week, helping the community and the various groups/projects with vital food and supplies.
Rotherham Street Kitchen
On the menu was –
- Sweet and sour chicken
- Chicken Biryani
- Savoury mince
- Pies Pasties
Birthday Celebrations to Mark Dockerty
A HUGE Happy 60th Birthday to one of our longest-serving volunteers Mark Brown Dockerty who has worked tirelessly supporting others via Mexborough Foodbank across Mexborough, Denaby, Conisbrough and indeed South Yorkshire for over 10 years!
Yesterday was his actual birthday and today the team surprised him with cards, presents, banners, music and a fantastic cake made by the fab team at Manna Community CIC (Naeela et al!)
It was a real pleasure to come together and celebrate life and good times!
Taking Delivery of a Fridge Freezer Courtesy of Ken Wyatt
Busy afternoon for Ken Wyatt, delivering donated items. He delivered a nice fridge freezer from a local family taken to the Food Aware CIC warehouse which will find its way to a food network project and then a TV gifted to a young couple who have just been burgled & need to rebuild their home.
That’s now eighteen TV’s which have found new homes.
A huge thanks to Ken for all his hard work helping support FoodAWARE CIC and the local community.
Another drop off for our lovely Food Aware CIC friends at Sleepsafe Selby this evening.
A freezer full of treats and a top-up of ambient and hygiene products.
It really is such a lovely place, we always love meeting the guests and catching up with what they have been up to.
Enjoy the treats guys, see you again next time.
It has been an extremely busy few months and we would like to thank a few people who have kindly donated food and also some financial donations.
We really appreciate the support of local residents and businesses across our community during these very challenging times.
Really sorry for the delay in passing on our thanks and also if we have missed anyone! We are always catching up due to such busy periods.
Here goes…huge thanks to –
- Sarah Ware and her children for their kind £36.50 donation in May 2020 as a result of some fundraising they did
- Kevin Fox and his family for a fab donation of £35 in May 2020 following some ‘virtual bingo’ sessions with his family!
- Ongoing donations from St Leger Homes Doncaster following staff fundraising efforts for foodbanks across Doncaster. Thanks to Judith Laidlaw latest donation of £24.50 in Aug 2020 following a fundraiser in June
- Beth Marles for her fantastic donation of food in Aug 2020 (see photo below!)
- Mexborough Lions & District Club for a very generous donation of £100 in July 2020
- A fab donation of £80 from Melissa Lowe as a result of her fundraising efforts
- Our good friend Abdul Ghani and his ongoing support with lots of donated food via Ilhaam Connected Networks.
- Ongoing food donations from the very generous Geoff of Geoff Dadswell carpets ltd in Conisbrough.
- And also to ‘Pilot Dave’ Harrison in Conisbrough for his regular monthly donation as part of a Give As You Earn (GAYR) arrangement via his employer!
Thanks again guys for your ongoing support….it is very much appreciated! Helping us to support local families across Mexborough, Conisbrough, Denaby, Swinton etc during these very challenging times.
If you can spare a tin or packet of food to support our Harvest Festival campaign, please drop them in our donation box at Lidl GB in Mexborough. Thank you