Another busy but rewarding week.
Always a pleasure to see Mandy from Rotherham street kitchen, part of the Homeless Leeds Support Group and support her with her hard work.
We are very happy to have helped with sourcing a rice cooker but also providing a significant amount of rice to go with it to help keep our most vulnerable community members fed healthy and filling meals during this difficult time.
Keep up the good work Mandy
Intercepting Food Waste
Monitoring Return completed recently for @WRAP_UK & in November 2020 – Jan 2021 we intercepted a whopping 212 tonnes of surplus food & redistributed to 72 South Yorkshire projects each week supporting 4,000+ people!
Huge thanks to our hard-working team and a growing number of supporters!
Proud to support –
- Mexborough Foodbank
- Mexborough Family Hub
- Denaby & Conisbrough Family Hub
- St Leger Homes
- Doncaster Communities South Area Team
- Doncaster Council
- Edlington Community Organisation
- Helping Hands Community Centre
- Rossington Family Hub
- Edlington Hilltop
- Edlington Family Hub
- New DN7 Food Bank
- Balby & Hexthorpe Community Engagement CIC
- St John the Evangelist Balby
- BME United Doncaster
- Thorne And Moorends Community Food Bank
- Harrison College
- Gift of the People
- Roundabout Sheffield
- Swinton Lock Activity Centre
- North Doncaster Development Trust NDDT
- Pioneer Social Enterprise Ltd
- Dearne and District Football Club
- People Focussed Group – Pfg
- Doncaster Street Hub
- Maltby Foodbank
- Social Supermarket – Rotherham Minster
- Rotherham Street Kitchen
- Skellow @ Carcroft Foodbank
- Manna Community CIC
- Bentley Baptist Community Food Bank
- All Saints Food Bank
& many more each week!
Food Waste Action Week
Did you know that an average family can waste around £700 worth of food each year?
Keep a close eye on the Facebook page over the coming days for our top tips for reducing your own food waste with some tasty leftover based recipes along the way.
Feel free to join us and share your own recipes and tips that you use to help to ‘Feed Your Bellies Not Your Bins’.
Use the hashtag #FoodAwareSupportsFoodWasteActionWeek to share with us, we love to hear what you’re up to.
Have a look at the following link for further information – Food Waste Action Week